Locally grown produce is becoming increasingly popular among consumers in recent years. They like the idea of supporting their local communities and helping the farmers that work so hard to provide the food that they purchase. More families are making the switch to local produce all of the time, even if it’s one small step at a time. It’s more than the taste and quality of the food that keeps customers flocking to them. There are many social and economic perks that locally grown produce provides.
Economic Benefits of Locally Grown Produce
- Money stays in the customer’s community: Customers love when they can support their area, and buying locally grown produce is a perfect way to do that. With the current pandemic still impacting people worldwide, people want to do everything in their power to keep their local communities supported. Local produce keeps the money in the same area in which the produce was purchased.
- Local farmers make more profit: It’s not just the customers that benefit from keeping money local. The farmers themselves, especially ones running small, local farms, greatly appreciate the support when customers purchase their produce. Local communities need the support of customers now more than ever, so offering locally grown produce to consumers is a great way to show your appreciation to your local farmers.
Social Benefits of Locally Grown Produce
- You give power to your consumers: Consumers are getting more concerned with the manner in which their produce is made. Giving them the option to buy locally grown produce and learn from the farmers themselves about how the food is made can help put their minds at ease.
- You bring communities together: Local farmers tend to create networks between themselves and the people who buy their produce. It’s great when you can establish a strong relationship with the farmers who provide your food. It’s not as likely that you can create that level of community and trust with industrial farms.
- You promote cultural diversity: There are local farms that support a culturally diverse range of foods suitable for many different diets. When you have a wide spectrum of customers that come purchase produce from you, you want the ability to offer produce that goes best with their lifestyle. The more options you can offer to customers, the more profits your business will make, and local farms do a great job of offering variety.
Baywater Farms Has The Right Produce For You
Baywater Farms is a family-owned and operated farm servicing Baltimore, Washington D.C., Maryland, Delaware beaches, and the Eastern Shore. We are capable of meeting the demands of your produce distributor, restaurant produce supplier, CSA produce supplier, or wholesale produce supplier while maintaining the integrity and character of a small farm. When you work with Baywater Farms, you work with an experienced, ethical, and local farm dedicated to providing the highest-quality heirloom produce.